Apply Now for 2018-19 Teaching Positions
With possible opportunities across 16 charter schools and counting, we are seeking bold educators who are passionate about ensuring ALL students can learn.
- As a new or experienced teacher, are you motivated by the fact that you can change the world one child at a time?
- Are you the type of educator who believes that all children can learn with the right kind of effective educator?
- Are you willing to go on a dynamic professional journey guaranteed to ensure that you are an effective educator on Day 1 of the 2018-2019 school year?
Then we're looking for you to join us! As a start, you may have the opportunity to join us for three days of intensive instruction (all expenses paid) that could lead you to the most exciting teaching position you have ever experienced.
Learn more about the application process below.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Do the following four statements apply to you? If so, we're looking for you!
- Believes that all students can learn and succeed in college, career, and life
- Believes that mission and vision are important for achieving goals
- Demonstrates strong content knowledge for their grades and subject areas
- Demonstrates grit and perseverance during new and challenging endeavors
We encourage you to apply if you are either:
- A new teacher with a bachelor’s degree by June 2018
- A teacher with a minimum of one year of experience teaching in a PreK-12 school
Youth Empowerment Services, Inc. is the hiring agent for the following charter districts.
- George Gervin Youth Center District (San Antonio, TX & Phoenix, AZ)
- Por Vida Academy Charter High School District (San Antonio, TX & Corpus Christi, TX)
- Positive Solutions High School District (San Antonio, TX)
- Southwest Preparatory School District (San Antonio, TX)
- Texas Serenity Academy (Houston, TX)
WHY TEACH IN OUR SCHOOLS
There are so many reasons why both new and experienced educators choose to work in our schools. Here are just a few.
- Incredible opportunity to have a tremendous impact on students in high-need schools and positively change the trajectory of their lives
- Work in a close-knit, supportive community where you can continue to grow as an effective educator
- Engage in world-class professional development support and coaching
- Be mentored by an experienced educator (if you are a new teacher)
- Earn a base pay that may be commensurate with several nearby charter and traditional schools along with opportunities for performance pay based on students’ growth and movement up in the career ladder
- Follow a clear path for upward career progression, including opportunities to become a career teacher leader and expert teacher leader
(Learn more about the benefits and professional growth opportunities.)
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Our application process is designed to:
1. Provide you with an opportunity you get to know us through information and training to determine if one of our campuses is the right fit for you;
2. Provide us the opportunity to get to know you so we can determine if one of our schools is the right fit for you.
Here are the steps:
STEP 1: Our first application round ended on November 27, 2017. However, if you are still interested in applying for a position, please submit your information in the form at the end of this page.
STEP 2: Your application will be screened to determine if you qualify to take the Haberman Star Teacher Pre-Screener. This assessment will help us determine if you qualify to go to the next level in achieving educational effectiveness for our students.
STEP 3: You may be invited to what can be the most exhilarating three days of your life as you participate in the first ever three-day training (all expenses paid) entitled “Fundamental Foundation Session #1” in December 27-29, 2017 or in late January 2018.
- You will be involved in unique educational activities that could ‘seal the deal’ for you to earn a slot as one of our new effective educators.
- The sessions will be held in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Houston, and Phoenix.
STEP 4: In February 2018, you may be invited to teach a live lesson for a group of students in one of our schools where you will be observed by a group of EEP staff members, principal, and other educators in the school.
STEP 5: In March 2018, if you are successful in your lesson in February, you will be invited to interview with EEP staff members, principals, and other educators.
We will then be making offers for positions to final candidates by April 2018.